Thursday, January 18, 2007

mmm, good day.
Piano Lesson- good, teacher was very pleasant and matter of fact. He wasn't pressing the idea that I should be more prepared now... good thing, cause it would be hell if both of us were stressing over that... Nevertheless, the moral is that there is room for much improvement on the Bach.

Classes were classes, meh.
Choir- entire tenor section was sick, bass section sounded as if they had tonsilitis, pneumonia, and Ghonnasyphylherpoles AT THE SAME TIME! No offence to those who may be reading this...
in other words, I am officially sick.. but battling it. I was in no condition to have patience for choral experience today.

Accompanying was good. The classes were a little unorganized with student meetings and whatnot, so the hour classes were closer to 45 minute classes.. oh well. I got a really good compliment. The substitute teacher for the modern class: she had subbed once earlier in the year when I was still sorting out what and how to play for modern class. Anyway, her comment to me was "when did you get so good at playing for modern?" Apparently, she noticed quite an improvement. She was also in the company classes I played for last week.
I'm excited for the regular teacher to come backa nd see if she notices a difference. She hasn't been there to teach the modern class in over a month.

I LOVE MY DANCER!!!!!!!!! GRRRRRRRRRREAT first rehearsal! It was the usual, exciting, inspiring and cathardic experience that comes with great improv. Her comment was that she started out purposefully restrained as she didn't know what to expect from me.. or whatnot, but then as we got involved in the improv,she just let herself go and left it at that. We did an opening free improvand then some structured exercises to address the ideas/strengths/weaknesses/general things that we wanted to further explore. It was great, we were throwing compliments back and forth at one another. I adore her movement style, and her initial reaction after the first improv was something like I was a beautiful player.
Needless, I feel super confident with my choice of dancer and ya, ahhh. Happiness.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for this project - i can't wait to see it!!

Michael Park said...

yay! so am I
I need to find someone with a videocamera co I can have the event recorded!