Tuesday, January 30, 2007

I really did try to be productive tonight... goal was to go to school and practice for 2 hours, then mark for a few hours.
I got to the school and was convinced to go to recital.. I'm glad I did, it was great and wonderful, But i wasn't even able to do any marking during the recital. A mixture of her singing being distracting in the best of ways, and not enough light.
Anyway, the recital took the best of 2 hours, and then I tried to practice - alas, I had forgotten my metronome... I didn't realize how dependant I've become on it.. Anyway, I used the opportunity to work on Liszt in the areas that shouldn't be metronomical, and the slow areas that I can alredy play at tempo.
I borrowed one from someone else, but it wasn't digital, so the shifts in tempo were awkward... and she had to leave before I had made produictive use of it anyway. Therefore, only 9 beats of speeding up on one page in all the Beethoven.
Add to this that I have more marking to do tomorrow for thursday, which interferes with my need to practice lots for my lesson on thursday, adn I think I have an assignment to prepare for in Pedagogy.
oh well, tomorrow I am showing my choral piece to both my regular teacher who hasn't actually seen the final product... or anything really close. Also, I'm showing it to the choir director of the choir I sing in, to get feedback from him about the piece, as well as to see if he'll let our choir sing it. It will be a decision as to a) whether the difficulties of the piece are managable for a chior that sings only an hour and a half a week and 2) whether the piece has enough artistic merit to be worthwhile. (don't you just love how positive I am about my own composition?!?)

Oh ya, and I had wanted to have that wedding song written to hand out to the choristers on thursday... uh oh... not goign to happen with all the other shit I need to get done.
I'll work a bit on that tonight, but I should sleep relatively soon... gah!
I actually almost believed that once Grad school stuff was done, I'd have some life back,m adn be slightly more relaxed... BOO!

No comments: