Tuesday, January 23, 2007

well, it's not even 1 am, and I'm ready for bed.
How did I do on productivity tonight?
in term sof the opening- got it slightly more notated... I picked a melodic line for the second half of the poem... now it's just picking the harmony notes.
I fixed some note choices in the first half. I'm officially happy with the mode/tonality of the piece as a whole! yay!
I didn't fix the cadence.. but I realized that it happens thrice in the piece... so when I have one of those chosen.. I will relate the three
I integrated a lot more events into the baking section, there's a lot of layers going on in there, so I'm not sure to what extent I want a lot of melodic activity happening in the soprano... but ya, a little bit once I have those cadences worked out and the exact melodic material finalized...
The ending.. in terms of a transition, I'm happy with the abrupt ending and shift back into the opening texture. rather than add things to make it smoother, I redecided that I will encorporate that melodic material near the end of the baking section - as a result, the shift won't be so dramatic.
The text is finalized.. I worked the original text around a little at the ending so that it ties the piece together in a similar style to the opening!
Stunning end... you bet.. the final cadence is super fun.. I ask for an excessively high note from the sopranos... but it's in brackets.. the actual note they they will probably sing is only slightly ridiculously high...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wholly Frequent Posting Whore!
But i know you like being called that, so it's all good.