Wednesday, January 10, 2007

First off, whenever I try and type my name fast it comes out
-Michae; Oark
Damn typing... also when I sign my signature, I leave out the r in Park... sometimes I add it in, sometimes I just leave it... I wonder if this says something about underlying psychological defects that I have, hmm, oh well!

Next on the list:
I had tried to learn 270 bars or something... eek, well, I tried:
In the morning, I stayed on schedule, when I got to the school, I locked myself in a practice room and I worked on Bach. Success, I learned the remaining 90 measures of the French Overture!! Now, it's just a matter of adding metronome markings as we go! There is something so rewarding about knowing that I am capable of playing every measure of that piece, even if some measures are significantly slower than they should be.

Beethoven, well, I knocked quite a few bars off, but in the end, I failed. On the bright side, one whole page of the fugue is learned. Bad news, even though learned, it's drudgingly slow.

I honestly don't know how my lesson will go tomorrow, I don't think it would be beneficial to play through the entirety of things... I would prefer to use it as a guided practice session, but that's kind of a lot of ask of my teacher.
My teacher's reaction is what i can't predict, either he'll be very happy with the progress and bold step I took in learning the rest of these parts, or he'll see it as too little too late. I also see both sides of the coin.
At this point, I am glad, I feel that I'm on a good road to my recital prep.

What frightens me is that I just realized that I have three applications due at about the same time, when I thought some of them were due in Feb, it turns out they are due Feb 1'st and the other is on Jan 31'st.. ARGH!
I haven't even filled out the applications for Western or U of M.... I need to do that FAST!
I also need to print out three copies of this bastard portfolio, and then theres a CV i have to do, and also more letters of intent or whatnot... gah.
This is goingto be the month from hell, nevertheless, Reading week will not be far behind that, and I will NEEEED it. oooh, wedding in Vegas! yay!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When I write your name, it always comes out Pank. Maybe that should tell you something. :-)