Sunday, January 28, 2007

I officially started being a TA/Marker today. I marked my first assignment... it took a few to get me back into the swing of Theory 1. Now, I remember the rules and how they apply, and they actually make more sense to me now that I have a different perspective. It does take up a fair bit of time, but it pays well, so it's worth it.
Come to think of it, I have a fair bit of random things that I'm doing for money this term... also taking up lots of time...
TA for Twentieth Century
TA for Theory 1
Accompanist for Dance Festival Musical Theatre for RWB (60 hours ish between now and April)
I assume I'll also have a little bit of accompanying for Music Festival. Definately nowhere near last year... obviously. Both because a) one of my teachers stopped teaching, therefore her students most likely won't be calling me. Also, 2) I'm not planning on trying to solicit as much accompanying work this year.
I do, however need to start promoting myself for the summer... I have some obligations that already take me into the summer, so rather than have exotic plans for far off work like last year, I'm only going to aim to work in the city, but to get as much work as possible.
Closer to the time, I'll either get a part time job for when I am not working music stuff, or if I have enough money coming in, I will spend all the rest of my time composing.
Tonight I'm off to a concert of my Piano teacher and then practicing!

No comments: