Monday, January 08, 2007

Thoughts on a month nearing its end

Today is my last night condo-sitting for Binky.
I took a fair chunk of my stuff to my house yestereve just to lighten the load for tomorrow.
I enjoyed living on my own for this month, but I realized that I'm not as much a loner as I thought I was (or wanted to be). I found it more difficult to be productive in Jade's appartment by myself. For some reason it's easier at the school, even if I know there's noone else there. And for all intents and purposes, practice rooms are isolated, so I don't really have an excuse, but ya, that's just the way things are.

In other news, I played for the professional company this morning and I don't think it could reasonably have gone better. After the first exercise, the teacher pointed out how lucky they were to have me there because I outlined the phrases so clearly. She gave out a few compliments to me during the class, and I ended up feeling like I was back in that awkward stage of growing up:
-the stage where you long so much to feel validated, so when you actually are, you overcompensate by pretending not to care-
I wasn't so bad as to ignore the comments, but I definately had to surpress that smile from ear to ear that I wanted to give out.
The class was also beautiful even just in the exercises themselves. These were all professional dancers who had spent the years in training building the movements and technique.
Anyway, the class was refreshing and an entirely positive experience.

No comments: