Friday, January 26, 2007

Firday is off to a promissing start.
I accompanied a singing exam today at 9am. That was unfortunate timing, but all went well.
AND it gave me an early start.... which I ended up trading in for a short nap later in the morning.
I have a rehearsal at the university at 2:30, then I come home to finish my piece/portfolio. If I could get the piece done before Have to leave, I could bind it at the school, but I don't want to rush unnecessarily.
Things are really coming together now. I'm working on some finer details., and the lats 2 cadences are set and I'm happy with them. Basically the most important thing to do yet, is decide and finish the intro section and cadence. If I get that done, then the piece is in acceptable shape to send in.... but I still have more I want to add in, to have more layers in the piece.
I am going to a student composers wine and cheese tonight... kinda nerdy, but it will be delightful.
Also, it gives me a reasonable, but specific deadline to work with. If I'm drinking wine tonight, I don't want to wait til afterwards to finish up my piece...that could be unfortunate. Also, finishing the piece before I go out for the evening will mean that I can really enjoy my evening, and the rest of the weekend!
yippee!

No comments: