Thursday, January 04, 2007

tought first day back

haha, not really, but I like complaining.
The bad part was the 9am lesson. In order to make it more tolerable, Chris and I went for back to school breakfast at 7:30 at the pancake house! yippee!
it was delicious, BUT pancakes fill me up soooo much and make me feel overfull the whole day, especially when I had them also for lunch...
Lesson went pretty well. David was understanding about the lack of practice time because of the building being locked. He was happy with the work I had done on the Bach and the Beethoven, and he mentioned that he wants my entire recital learned at tempo with the book by the end of the month... at least that gives me something to aim for.
There is still a lot of the Bach that I have yet to learn.. never mind get to tempo. Anyway, I have soo much time to devote to practicing now.. no more class on monday and wednesday, I have to change my composition lesson day to not-monday, that way I don't have class at all that day... but I do need to go to recitals, so maybe it would be best to keep it that way for now...give me some motivation to actually come to school.
My actual class today bored me to tears. The course, though, will have a fair bit of work this term... eep. Oh well, I can managae with only one course that requires homework.
Cantata was cancelled today and next week, always a good way to start off the year.
It was good to be back. I'm excited to get back into the swing of things soon enough!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My first day was tough as well. I woke up on Thursday morning to register and discovered that my account was on hold!!!! Apparently I have a overdue books that need to be returned by someone who will remain nameless.