Friday, January 19, 2007

Why is my printer a bastard... if he were nice, he would at least finish printing the scores for my portfolio before running out of ink.
I was all organized and I started to print out the ensemble piece scores this evening. I got through the first few pages, but ya, a lot of them will have that tacky lightening of the text thing that happens when your printer is running out of ink...why can't it just give out at one point, rather than starting out fine and then turning to faded grey on each of the last 12 pages I printed?!?
Anyway, no fear, tomorrow I will get a new cartridge. Tomorrow after work, I will put the new cartridge in and finish printing. On Sunday, I will do many things including:
Practicing
Take the ensemble scores to be bound at Staples or something
Finish all the remaining paperwork for the Western, and U of M applications.

The result of this productivity will be wonderful! I will be able to mail the Western application on Monday, or Sunday if possible and the U of M one will just need me to physically take it to the school office. I will have a few short days more to finish everything for the UBC one, including this bastard choral piece.

Update, I got a fair bit done on the piece tonight. It's coming together structurally, now I need to make a final decision as to how I want to end the piece. It's already on page 12, so in short... an abrupt ending! Oh ya, and a decision on tonality or what modality I want to use... that would be nice too...

Ugh, I wish I wasn't tired. It's been a short day, and I didn't wake up terribly early.. I feel guilty already thinking that it's getting close to bedtime and it's only midnight. At the same time, a full day at the ballet can feel like the longest thing ever when I'm not feeling 100%. If I were tired to boot, things just wouldn't work, and I surely wouldn't be productive when I got home afterwards.

No comments: